working with vRA 7.1
- created a blueprint with Minimum Lease as 10 Days and left Maximum lease as empty.
- created a deployment out of it with 10 days lease and now I have a need to change the lease of this same deployment to Never Expire.
- Action entitlement is there to do this and I went ahead with Change Lease, a dialog box popped up with Lable “Change the lease for a machine. Leave empty for indefinite” with Expiration date and time boxes.
- since the requirement was to set lease to Never expire, left Expiration date empty and tried to submit the request.
- Ended up seeing following error “An unexpected error occurred while validating your request.”
- Since deployment was created from Blueprint which was configured with no Max Lease duration, in vRA 7.1 if you try to submit above dialog box with some date which is 20 years from now also, that works perfectly fine.
Only point of concern is the lable on Change Lease dialog box which says Leave empty for indefinite, no matter what you do that doesn’t work in vRA 7.1
I have explored same part in vRA 7.2 where Change Lease dialog box lable is changed and if I try step 1 through 5 as above example, it works perfectly well. So I would say this issue is resolved in vRA 7.2